Friday, November 14, 2014

Creation at its finest

Click on the picture to enlarge
Just down the road from our apartment is a strange looking metal gate.  We didn't know exactly what it was when we first arrived, and our initial investigation of the gate resulted in a strange and menacing sounding beeping noise.  We hurried away.  After we established that it was actually a botanic garden affiliated with Durham University, we hurried back to see what lay beyond the gate.

When we first made our way through the garden, I have to admit, I wasn't too impressed.  "These are pretty boring trees.... looks just like home".  That would be because I was in the North American arboretum, which of course I didn't realize at the time.  As soon as we got past all the "boring" maples, pines, and spruce trees, we hit the Brazilian, African, tropical, and desert sections of the garden and understood what a gem we had found.

(FYI.  None of these pictures have been altered from their original form.  The garden doesn't need any help being beautiful)




These guys made me miss my own goldfishies, still in Oregon

These birds weren't actually in the garden,
but I can't help but group them in 
Seagull?




These leaves were about three feet across

Pheasant

















No comments:

Post a Comment